Themis announces next generation customizable rugged small form factor computer for military applications
|Man Wearable Rugged Small Form Factor Computing with Nanopak i7|
FREMONT, California – Themis Computer®, a leading manufacturer of rugged computing platforms, today announced the third generation of the Nanopak i7 – the company’s most powerful small form factor computer.
“Applications on the tactical edge require increasingly lighter, quieter, and more versatile computers,” said Bill Kehret, CEO of Themis Computer. “With our new Nanopak i7, soldiers can process data quietly in their backpacks while in the field.”
The new Nanopak i7 packages an Intel® 6th generation Core™ i7 processor, up to 32GB DDR4 memory, and 1TB FLASH storage in a small, light-weight, rugged form factor. Engineered to address the performance and compatibility challenges of unmanned vehicle, ground vehicle, man-wearable, and shipboard applications, the Nanopak i7 provides multiple I/O configurations in an environmentally resilient, noiseless chassis.
Special features of the Nanopak i7 include:
• 2.6 GHZ Dual Core i7
• Customizable I/O with multiple networking, storage and interface options including two GigE, Wi-Fi, VGA, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, GPIO, serial, UART, or HD audio.
• Specialized I/O via optional internal mini PCIe
• M.2 SSD storage up to 1TB
• 8 - 36V DC power
• Quiet and reliable hardened-aluminum conduction cooled chassis
• -40° to 50° C operating temperature range, IP67 sealed water-resistance, MIL-STD-461F (ground mobile)
• Broad application functionality including real time control, data recording, small storage and communication systems, and mobile robotics.
The next generation Nanopak i7 will be available in Q3.
Source: Themis Computer