ZETA Family of Miniature COM-Based SBC’s Provides Long-Life for Space-Critical Applications
Designed for rugged, space-critical applications, Zeta provides scalability with long product life, ultra-compact size, and an unsurpassed level of I/O, including an optional complete high-quality analog and digital data acquisition subsystem.
Zeta uses interchangeable Intel-based COM Express Type 10 CPU modules in three performance options to serve a variety of price and performance needs:
- Intel “Bay Trail” E3825 dual-core 1.33GHz CPU with soldered 2GB RAM
- Intel “Apollo Lake” E3940 quad core 1.60GHz CPU with soldered 4GB RAM
- Intel “Apollo Lake” N4200 quad core 1.1GHz (burstable to 2.5GHz) CPU with soldered 8GB RAM
Zeta’s two-board COM + baseboard construction yields the highest feature density possible in a given footprint. The COM provides the core CPU functions, while the baseboard provides the I/O plus the data acquisition subsystem, power supplies, and expansion sockets. An optional daughterboard provides additional expansion sockets plus audio and digital I/O.
The data acquisition subsystem on Zeta features 16 16-bit A/D, 4 16-bit D/A, and 27 digital I/O with 3/5V logic compatibility. All features are supported by Diamond’s comprehensive Universal Driver software library.
Zeta’s impressive I/O list includes:
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet
- 4 USB 2.0 Ports + 1 USB 3.0 port
- 4 RS-232/422/485 ports with software-programmable protocol and termination
- VGA and LVDS display outputs
- Optional complete 1Gigabit analog and digital data acquisition system
- Optional complete analog and digital data acquisition system
- Integrated wide-range 6-36V power input circuit
- -40°C to +85°C
Rugged, compact SABRE mission computer systems based on the Zeta SBC are available, featuring full IP67 construction, -40°C to 85°C operation, and MIL-STD-810 shock and vibration compliance. Customization is available, including connector types/pinouts, additional I/O, and MIL-STD-704/1275 power supply.