Preconfigured Rugged Fire Control & Targeting Systems – FCT Series
Application-ready Fire Control & Targeting Systems – with no NRE
The FCT Series is a line of preconfigured fire control & targeting systems with field-proven backplane technology and intelligent high-density I/O and communications modules. These systems can be applied to applications where a multitude of sensor and command interfaces, pitch, roll and yaw inputs need to be maintained to ensure steady “on target” aim and control for on-the-move gunships. Other critical applications include targeting “line-of-sight” communications, radar, and laser guidance. The application-ready FCT hardware seamlessly integrates with the manufacturer’s software algorithms to simplify and accelerate deployment. These systems are deployed on numerous air, land and sea rugged vehicles worldwide, meeting dynamic program requirements in less time - with no NRE.
The FCT Series is built on NAI’s unprecedented, highly adaptive Custom-On-Standard Architecture™ (COSA™). COSA’s modular approach delivers more intelligence and functionality in a smaller footprint — all at a lower cost. As a result, these FCT systems seamlessly integrate with NAI’s high-density, intelligent multifunction modules, which contain the highest packaging density and offer the most design flexibility of any multifunction I/O board in the industry. NAI’s FCT systems are ideally suited to support a multitude of military/aerospace applications that require 3-axis precision, dual-speed synchro drive and measurement with RS-422/423/485 Serial Communications; Dual-Redundant, Quad Channel MIL-STD-1553B; Digital-to-Synchro Simulation, Synchro-to-Digital Measurement; AC Reference; Discrete I/O; CANBus (CAN 2.0 A&B or J1939); Differential I/O and Dual-Port Gig-E Ethernet.
NAI’s rugged Fire Control and Targeting systems perform with a high level of stability and accuracy and are ruggedized to withstand -40° to +71° C and qualified to MIL-STD-1275D & MIL-STD-704A with 50 ms holdup (power supply); MIL-STD-461F and MIL-STD-810G.
Software support includes Wind River® VxWorks® 6.9. All I/O and communication libraries are available.
- NXP PowerPC Quad QorIQ® P2041 @ 1.25 GHz with 2x 10/100/1000Base-T
- 6 Ch. digital-to-synchro drive. Channel pairs programmable for 2-speed operation
- 12 Ch. synchro-to-digital measurement for direct “tell-back” angle measurement and position confirmation
- 8 RS232/422/485 async serial communications ports
- 16 Ch. +/-10V A/D measurement
- 24 Ch. programmable discrete I/O; sink, source or push/ pull I/O
- Dual channel/Dual redundant MIL-STD-1553
- 8 Ch. RTD Measurement
- 2 Ch. AC Reference
- <15 lbs. (typical)
- Wind River®VxWorks® OS support
- Drive & response feedback system
- 28 VDC input
- MIL-STD-1275D & MIL-STD-704A with 50ms holdup
- MIL-STD-461F and MIL-STD-810G
- Operating temp: -40°C to +71°C conduction cooled
- Continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT)
- COSA™ architecture
- Reduced SWaP
Eliminate man-months of integration with a preconfigured, field-proven Fire Control & Targeting System from NAI.
North Atlantic Industries, Inc.
Phone: (631) 567-1100