New 3U VPX Processor Board Offers Enhanced Performance on Floating Point-intensive Applications and Hyper-Threading Technology
The VPX6600 is a high performance 3U OpenVPX™ single board computer based on the 6th Generation Skylake Intel® Xeon® processor and PCH. Designed for COTS applications this SBC utilizes the Intel C230 series PCH chipset for extensive I/O support. Heat is managed with a fully integrated heatsink for advanced cooling management. It doesn’t consume I/O space and offers specialized I/O on P2.
The VPX6600 takes advantage of Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 2.0 for enhanced performance on floating point-intensive applications and Hyper-Threading Technology that enables each core to use two software threads for more efficient use of the CPU.
It supports either one or two DDR4 ECC SODIMMs, for a total of up to 32GB removable memory. The SODIMMs are firmly attached to the module with screws for easy replacement and surrounded by heat sink material to provide a mechanically and thermally robust mechanism. These processors feature a M.2 Flash storage site perfect for solid-state storage application.
- 6th Generation Intel Xeon: - Quad Core Xeon E3-1505M V5 (47W)
- Up to -40 to 85°C extended operating range
- Programmable CPU power for heat sensitive applications
- Intel C230 series CM236 PCH chipset
- Up to 32GB of high-speed DDR4 memory with SODIMM lock-down mechanism (permits user removal or upgrades)
- Front panel I/O includes (air-cooled version): - dual USB 3.0 ports - mini-display port
- Extensive backplane I/O
- Power-on self-test (POST) code LCD display