Extreme Engineering Solutions’ XPand6902 Rugged Enclosure for Two Removable and Ruggedized 2.5″ Solid-State Drives (SSDs)
The XPand6902 by Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is a small and portable enclosure for up to two X-ES ruggedized 2.5 in. SATA SSD removable memory modules.
- Up to two removable and X-ES ruggedized 2.5 in. SATA SSD memory modules with high-reliability connectors designed to support up to 100,000 mating cycles
- Toolless removal of storage modules
- Low power dissipation
- Physical dimensions of 5.53 in. (W), 1.65 in. (H), 5.1 in. (L) (excludes connectors)
- Weighs less than 1.25 lbs (without SSDs)
- Supports MIL-38999 Meritec Hercules rugged SATA connector
- Sized to fit in sub-½ ATR conduction-cooled chassis (reduced height and length)
- Environmentally sealed
- Supports the XPort6193 removable memory module
Reliable, High-Performance in a Small Footprint
The XPand6902 enables system integrators to easily include rugged and removable high-density storage in their military and aerospace platforms. It provides a robust connection to another computing system's external SATA interface using the high-performance Meritec Hercules MIL-38999 connector and cabling system.
The XPand6902's removable storage modules are based on the standard 2.5 in. drive specification, providing a COTS solution that mitigates the EOL and life cycle issues that plague many flash-based storage solutions. These standards-based drives have been modified to enable easy insertion and extraction for the most demanding environments, and they include high-reliability connectors designed to support up to 100,000 mating cycles.
Back Panel Options Supported
The XPand6902 can support two SATA ports, write protection, and zeroize for declassification. It can also support the XPort6193 removable memory module.
About Extreme Engineering
Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES), a 100% U.S.A.-based company, designs and manufactures Intel® and Freescale-based single board computers, networking products, storage products, power supplies, and system-level solutions for embedded computing customers. For further information on X-ES products or services, please visit our website: www.xes-inc.com, call +1 (608) 833-1155, or email us at email@example.com.