Extreme Engineering Solutions’ XPand6020 is a Small Form Factor (SFF) System Featuring XPedite5205 Running Cisco IOS® and XPedite7450
The XPand6020 by Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is a Small Form Factor (SFF) system that features an XPedite5205, which runs Cisco IOS® Software with Cisco® Mobile Ready Net capabilities, and an XPedite7450 for general processing. The combination of XPedite5205 and XPedite7450 provides a high-performance router with plenty of computing power for any application. The XPand6020 can be utilized as a development platform or a deployed system.
- Integrated XPedite5205: NIST FIPS 140-2 Overall Level 1 validated on certificate #2242
- Integrated XPedite5205: NIAP Common Criteria Certified
- Runs Cisco IOS® software
- Cisco® Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) support
- Cisco® Mobile Ready Net, which allows for mobile ad hoc networking and radio aware routing
- Hardware acceleration and encryption
- Integrated threat control using Cisco IOS® Firewall, Cisco IOS® Zone-based Firewall, Cisco IOS® Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), and Cisco IOS® Content Filtering
- Identity management using authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) and public key infrastructure
- Dimensions: 7.70 in. (L) x 4.88 in. (W) x 2.10 in. (H)
- Conduction cooling
Advanced Networking Capabilities
The XPedite5205 uses the same Cisco IOS® that IT staffs in the military, energy, public safety, and other industries are already trained on, enabling these organizations to expand their network to personnel, equipment, facilities, and vehicles at the edge of the network – warfighters on the battlefield, mines and drilling platforms, natural disaster mobile command centers – without any additional training.
The XPand6020 can be connected to UHF, VHF, Wi-Fi, and other IP-based radio platforms to create the network nodes used to form mobile ad hoc networks (MANETs). Able to operate without a connection to central infrastructure, MANETs offer many advantages for military, public safety, and emergency response users.
Variety of Supported Protocols
The router offers high performance, four Gigabit Ethernet interfaces, and a rich Cisco IOS® Software feature set for the most Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP)-constrained applications.
To meet the needs of demanding mobile and embedded networking applications, the XPand6020 provides hardware encryption, radio aware routing (RAR) with support for the latest Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP), support for IPv6, integrated threat control with integrated Cisco IOS® firewalls and Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), and Quality of Service (QoS).
About Extreme Engineering
Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES), a 100% U.S.A.-based company, designs and manufactures Intel® and Freescale-based single board computers, networking products, storage products, power supplies, and system-level solutions for embedded computing customers. For further information on X-ES products or services, please visit our website: www.xes-inc.com, call +1 (608) 833-1155, or email us at email@example.com.