Extreme Engineering Solutions’ XCalibur4646 is an Intel® Xeon® D-1500 Family Processor-Based 6U VPX Single Board Computer with Dual 10GbE, Dual XMC Sites, and Onboard Security FPGA
The XCalibur4646 by Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is a secure, high-performance, 6U OpenVPX™, single board computer based on the Intel® Xeon® D-1500 family processors. The Intel® Xeon® D processor can provide up to 16 Xeon®-class cores for high-bandwidth processing and I/O applications.
XCalibur4646 is one of many of Extreme Engineering Solutions' highly secure embedded single board computers.
- Supports Intel® Xeon® D-1500 family processors (formerly Broadwell-DE)
- Designed with SecureCOTS™ technology to support enhanced security and trusted computing
- Microsemi SmartFusion®2 SoC with 1 GB DDR3-667 ECC SDRAM and 32 MB SPI Flash
- VITA 46.11 Tier 1 and Tier 2 IPMI Controller (IPMC)
- Compatible with multiple OpenVPX™ (VITA 65) profiles
- Ruggedized Enhanced Design Implementation (REDI) per VITA 48
- Supports two XMC modules
- Up to 16 Xeon®-class cores in a single, power-efficient SoC package
- 4, 8, or 12 core SKUs available with native extended temperature support
- Up to 32 GB of DDR4-2133 ECC SDRAM in two channels
- Two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports and up to three Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Two x4 or one x8 PCI Express Gen3 interface to backplane
- Four SATA ports
- One USB 3.0 port and one USB 2.0 port to the back panel and one USB 3.0 port to the optional front panel
- Four RS-232/422/485 serial ports
Integrated Security FPGA Hosts User-Customizable Functions
The integrated SecureCOTS™ technology can protect critical data from being modified or observed and provides an ideal solution where stringent security capabilities are required.
The XCalibur4646 includes a customizable Microsemi SmartFusion®2 security SoC with 1 GB of ECC DDR3 to implement the SecureCOTS™ features. It can host many types of custom functions, such as data encryption, and additionally supports the ability to control, intercept, and monitor the Xeon® D subsystem, implement penalties, and interface to the system through I/O directly connected to the VPX backplane.
About Extreme Engineering
Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES), a 100% U.S.A.-based company, designs and manufactures Intel® and NXP (formerly Freescale)-based single board computers, networking products, storage products, power supplies, and system-level solutions for embedded computing customers. For further information on X-ES products or services, please visit our website: www.xes-inc.com, call +1 (608) 833-1155, or email us at email@example.com.