Extreme Engineering Solutions’ XCalibur4643 is an Intel® Xeon® D Processor-Based 6U VPX Module with Quad 10GbE, Dual XMC/PMC Sites, and Onboard FPGA
The XCalibur4643 by Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is a high-performance, 6U OpenVPX™, multiprocessing, single board computer featuring an Intel® Xeon® D (formerly Broadwell-DE) processor, a Xilinx Kintex UltraScale FPGA, four 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the data plane, and three x4 PCI Express Gen3-capable interfaces on the expansion plane.
- Supports Intel® Xeon® D processors (formerly Broadwell-DE)
- Up to 16 GB of DDR3-1600 ECC SDRAM in two channels
- Onboard Xilinx Kintex UltraScale XCKU040 FPGA
- VITA 46.11 Tier 1 and Tier 2 IPMI Controller (IPMC)
- Ruggedized Enhanced Design Implementation (REDI) per VITA 48
- Up to 128 GB of onboard SATA NAND flash
- Four 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports and up to five Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Four SATA ports capable of 6 Gb/s
- Three USB ports (two of which are USB 3.0-capable)
- Up to four RS-232/422/485 serial ports
Rugged, Advanced Xeon® D Processing Power
The XCalibur4643 provides up to 16 GB of DDR3-1600 ECC SDRAM in two channels, two XMC/PrPMC slots, and up to 128 GB of SATA NAND flash. The XCalibur4643 also supports up to five Gigabit Ethernet ports, four SATA ports capable of 6 Gb/s, three USB ports, and up to four RS-232/422/485 serial ports out the front panel and/or backplane.
An onboard Xilinx Kintex UltraScale XCKU040 FPGA provides 64 MB configuration flash, 509,000 effective LEs, 424,000 logic cells, 21.1 Mb total block RAM, 1,920 DSP slices, one x8 PCI Express Gen3-capable interface, and one x1 PCI Express Gen2-capable interface.
Variety of Supported BSPs
The XCalibur4643 is a powerful, feature-rich solution for the next generation of compute-intensive embedded applications. Wind River VxWorks, X-ES Enterprise Linux (XEL), and Microsoft Windows 7 BSPs are available.
About Extreme Engineering
Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES), a 100% U.S.A.-based company, designs and manufactures Intel® and Freescale-based single board computers, networking products, storage products, power supplies, and system-level solutions for embedded computing customers. For further information on X-ES products or services, please visit our website: www.xes-inc.com, call +1 (608) 833-1155, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.