Extreme Engineering Solutions’ XCalibur4640 is an Intel® Xeon® D-1500 Family Processor-Based 6U VPX SBC with Six 10GbE and Dual XMC/PMC Sites
The XCalibur4640 by Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is a high-performance, 6U VPX, single board computer supporting Intel® Xeon® D-1500 Family (formerly Broadwell-DE) processor, six 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the data plane, and a configurable x16 PCI Express Gen3-capable expansion plane interface.
XCalibur4640 is one of many of Extreme Engineering Solutions' powerful embedded single board computers.
- Supports Intel® Xeon® D-1500 family processors (formerly Broadwell-DE)
- Compatible with multiple OpenVPX™ (VITA 65) profiles
- Ruggedized Enhanced Design Implementation (REDI) per VITA 48
- Supports two XMC/PrPMC modules
- Up to 16 Xeon®-class cores in a single, power-efficient SoC package
- 4, 8, or 12 core SKUs available with native extended temperature support
- Up to 32 GB of DDR4-2133 ECC SDRAM in two channels
- Four SATA ports
- One USB 3.0 port and one USB 2.0 port to the back panel and one optional USB 3.0 port to the front panel
- Up to four RS-232/422/485 serial ports
- Wind River VxWorks and X-ES Enterprise Linux (XEL) Board Support Packages (BSPs)
Rapid Processing from a Variety of Standard COTS I/O
The XCalibur4640 provides up to 32 GB of DDR4-2133 ECC SDRAM in two channels, two XMC/PrPMC slots, and up to 64 GB of SATA NAND flash.
The XCalibur4640 also supports up to three Gigabit Ethernet ports, four SATA ports, one USB 2.0 port, two USB 3.0 ports, and up to four RS-232/422/485 serial ports out the front panel and/or backplane.
High-Performance Processing Power
Featuring Intel® Xeon® D-1500 family processors, the XCalibur4640 is capable of performing computationally-intensive tasks with its support for up to 16 Xeon®-class cores in a single, power-efficient SoC package.
Additionally, 4, 8, or 12 core SKUs are available with native extended temperature support for use in extreme environments.
About Extreme Engineering
Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. (X-ES), a 100% U.S.A.-based company, designs and manufactures Intel® and NXP (formerly Freescale)-based single board computers, networking products, storage products, power supplies, and system-level solutions for embedded computing customers. For further information on X-ES products or services, please visit our website: www.xes-inc.com, call +1 (608) 833-1155, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.