6U VME COTS System – SIU6 Sensor Interface Unit
NAI’s SIU6 Sensor Interface Unit is a highly configurable rugged COTS system or subsystem that requires high-density I/O, communications, Ethernet switching, and processing. The SIU6 leverages field-proven, 6U VME boards to deliver off-the-shelf, SWaP-optimized COTS solutions that Accelerate Your-Time-to-Mission.
NAI’s Custom-On-Standard Architecture™ (COSA™) offers a choice of over 40 intelligent I/O, communications, and Ethernet switch functions, as well as Single Board Computer (SBC) options. Pre-existing, fully-tested functions can quickly and easily be combined in an unlimited number of ways to meet system requirements. Individually dedicated I/O and communications processors allow mission computers to manage, monitor, and control the functions via single or dual Ethernet ports. Alternately, select one of NAI’s 6U VME SBC options. This approach increases package density, saves enclosure slots and reduces power consumption.
Taking advantage of NAI’s high-density multifunction I/O and power supply products, the SIU6 offers unprecedented intelligence in an integrated compact conduction-cooled system for data acquisition, distribution and processing applications. I/O functions include A/D, D/A, TTL, RTD, Discrete I/O, Synchro/Resolver-to-Digital and LVDT, Digital-to-Synchro/Resolver and DLV, BC/RT/MT MIL-STD-1553, high speed Sync/Async RS232/422/485, ARINC 429 and CANBus.
All products are designed to operate under extreme temperature, shock, vibration, and EMI environments. EMI filters and gaskets meet or exceed MIL-STD-461F and MIL-STD-810G requirements.
Eliminate man-months of integration with a configured, field-proven 6U VME COTS System or Subsystem from NAI.
- 2 x 6U VME slots – 12 I/O or Communications modules
- 40+ modules to choose from
- SBC-less stand-alone operation supported via Ethernet connection to your mission computer
- Processor options: NXP PowerPC QorIQ® P2041, Intel® Core™ i7, Intel® Atom™ or ARM Cortex-A9
- MIL-STD-461F, MIL-STD-1275 & 704A
- Fast Boot capability
- Reduced SWaP
- 11.75"W x 3.35"H x 8.65"D
- Sense & Response system
- +28 VDC input
- Wind River® Linux / VxWorks®, Xilinx® PetaLinux, Windows® Embedded Standard 7 OS Support
- VICTORY Interface services (Contact factory)
- Continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT)
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +71°C conduction cooled (air-cooled option)
North Atlantic Industries, Inc.
Phone: (631) 567-1100