1000W VITA 62, 6U AC/DC VPX Power Supply – VPX56H-6
The VPX56H-6 is the latest in a complete line of NAI VPX power converters that support today’s most demanding system power requirements. The high power, 1000 Watt AC/DC converter accepts either 3Ø 115Vac L-N or +270Vdc inputs. It plugs directly into a standard 6U VPX chassis with a VITA 62 1.0” power supply slot. This off-the-shelf solution for VITA 46.0 and VITA 65 systems is compatible with VPX specifications; supports all VITA standard I/O, signals, and features; and conforms to the VITA 62 mechanical and electrical requirements for modular power supplies.
Many of today’s military systems rely heavily on high efficiency power supplies that can support OpenVPX requirements and withstand MIL-STD-704 low and high voltage transients. The VPX56H-6 fulfills this and other unique requirements by providing an input that accepts either 3-phase AC or high voltage (+270Vdc) DC Input within a VITA 62 compatible product while meeting stringent power requirements in a compact rugged COTS package.
The VPX56H-6 also supports a variety of standard features, including conduction-cooled, continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT); remote error sensing; holdup time; and protection against transients, over-voltage, over-current, and short circuits. With its intelligent design, the VPX56H-6 also has the flexibility to address special needs. Features include current share and alignment keys for input and output configurations.
This COTS power supply is specifically designed with NAVMAT component derating for rugged defense and industrial applications. It is also designed to meet the many harsh environmental requirements of military applications. The 1,000 Watt (CC4 temperature range, full load) power supply has five outputs and a built-in EMI filter compliant with MIL-STD-704F - all within a single slot 1.0″ pitch, 6U package.
The VPX56H-6 is designed to meet standard 6U VPX mechanical requirements and has VITA 62 compatible keying, outputs & signaling, user programmability, I2C communication, geographical addressing, programmable over-temperature monitor and a five state, status LED.
- 1000 watts through full temperature range
- Ideal for rugged 6U VPX power applications
- Standard VPX-compatible connectors and I/O per VITA 62
- Compatible with System Management Bus per VITA 46.11
- Off-the-shelf solution for VITA 46.0 and VITA 65 systems
- Supports all VITA standard I/O, signals, and features
- Accepts 3Ø AC or +270 VDC input
- Provides five outputs and I/O
- Continuous Background Built-in-Test (BIT)
- Current share
- User programmability
- I²C communication
- Over Temperature Protection
- Status LED
- Environmentals per MIL-STD-810 and VITA 47
- Input transient protection per MIL-STD-704F
- Integrated EMI filtering per MIL-STD-461F
- Operates at full load through the entire -40°C to +85°C temperature range
North Atlantic Industries, Inc.
Phone: (631) 567-1100