Mitigating counterfeit ICs, new COTS management standard, tin whiskers, military IC reliability highlight CMSE program
LOS ANGELES. Counterfeit mitigation, reliability of commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) integrated circuits (ICs), supply chain challenges, new OEM COTS Management standard, are some of the topics in the lineup for the Components for Military & Space Electronics (CMSE) conference being held March 2-3 in Los Angeles at the Concourse Hotel.
To register click here.
The conference founder, Leon Hamiter, has an excellent lineup of speakers from NASA JPL, Boeing, Raytheon, CALCE AVX, Peregrine Semiconductor, etc. I attended last year as a keynote speaker at the 2014 event and learned quite a bit on counterfeit IC challenges from the talks that week (Full disclosure: I sit on the CMSE advisory board as well).
Hamiter once again has an entire session dedicated to this subject with the following talks:
– “Is the Supply Chain and Logistics Ready for Use of Taggants for Counterfeit Avoidance?”
Dr. Diganta Das, CALCE
– “Electronics Supply Chain- Impact of Counterfeit Final DFARS Ruling, Expansion of Non-conforming
Hardware Reporting & NDAA 2015 Section 818 updates”
Aaron DerMarderosian Jr., Raytheon Co.
– “Counterfeiting, Supply Chain Security, and the Cyber Threat; Why Defending Against Counterfeit
Electronics is No Longer Enough”
Janice Meraglia, Bob MacDowell, Applied DNA Sys.
– “Developments in Ceramic Taggants for Authentication or Provenance Marking of Electronic Components”
Robert Lowry, Dr. Arthur Jonath, Arthur Jonath Associates
Hamiter opens the conference with a talk on “Will Advanced COTS ICs be Reliable Enough for Military Electronics?”
Other key talks include:
– “New OEM COTS Management Standard – 933 And Discussion Group”
Lloyd Condra, Boeing
– “Tin Whiskers: Mystery and Menace”
Rob Rowland, Axiom Electronics LLC
– “Screening vs. Qualification of Microcircuits”
Shri Agarwal, NASA-JPL
For the CMSE Conference 2015 Advance Program and Registration Form click here. For more information on attendance contact Leon Hamiter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 256-536-1304.